Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good, better, best

I have made some changes these last couple weeks. I have stopped working at Seattle Children's Theatre. What I wanted out of an internship wasn't what they wanted from an intern. It wasn't a hard good-bye, rather something both SCT and I knew needed to be done. I came to Seattle and put my life on hold to apply my skills and gain PR work experience. After my departure from SCT, I didn't waste any time trying to find a company that would meet my expectations. Lucky for me, I found one that has exceeded them.

This time around, I found a business that is more closely related to what I now know I want to pursue, something in the culinary industry. I am the PR intern for Dish it up!, a cooking school, wine, kitchenware and counter design store, and I couldn't be happier. I'm thrilled to work for Dish it up!. I'm doing work I love in a fantastic environment. I get to walk through cupcake liners when I need a pen; I sit at a kitchen counter where blueberry pies were made the night before. The staff is warm and the work is applicable to my PR degree.

SCT started my summer in a direction I didn't want to go, but my new internship has completely changed its course. I have learned what I don't want in a job and what I do. I don't, in any way, think that makes this experience lackluster. Dish it up! came along and put a lot into perspective-- better late than never, right?

I am also helping my long-time friend, Liz Bateman, doing PR for her sister's wedding cake company, Cake Couture. Their cakes are incredible and I am honored to help her family in any way I can.

Life is good.



New recipe to come.. soon. :)

www.dish-it-up.com

2 comments:

  1. i am so glad you got this change and new perspective :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is perfect! Moving in a better direction takes risk. Jump little froggy ;)

    ReplyDelete