Friday, August 27, 2010

Boise is not a state

This was the last first week of school I will ever have-- unless I choose to go to graduate school-- and I savored every second of it. I have reaffirmed my love for Moscow and being a Vandal. I'm sitting in the front of my classes, taking notes and am even reading the optional assignments. My goal this year is to get [almost] all As and stay on the Dean's List, totally obtainable.

My apartment is like a little cabin; the whole unit is made of wood. And even though I get a little frightened when I broil fish or light a candle, I think I live in Moscow's hidden gem. I live with one of mine and Nick's closest friends here, Tara. She plays Eminem on repeat and doesn't really know how to use any sort of "inside voice," but that's okay... At least until school gets harder, and then I'll have to remind her I'm not hearing impaired and can, in fact, hear her when she's not screaming her stories.

As I expected, my favorite class is nutrition. My professor is the real version of the Eat. Pray. Love character. She traveled around, learning and eating, and I can't get enough of her adventures. I'm still very much into my PR courses as well, though. I got a job doing PR for a local coffee shop, Red Star Coffee Co. I'm doubling that job with a semester long project I have in a PR class- to do various assignments for a chosen client. I can't believe my luck with the opportunities I've been given. I thank my lucky stars each day and then, of course, pray for an employer to notice me next spring when I apply for jobs.

So, until my next post (which will include a recipe), I'll leave you with this: stick to leafy greens and abandon your romaine. The greener the vegetable the better, although orange is pretty darn good, too-- compliments of Nutrition 205.

1 comment:

  1. !!!!!!!!!! ahhh Nutrition!!!!

    snaps on the leafy greens you little vitamin K lover. and carcinogen hata.

    don't forget. the whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead.

    i learned that from an art teacher though, so who knows if she's right. she was probs high on oil paint. jk jk stereotyping is rude

    ReplyDelete